Senior Move Managers - Downsizing - Estate Clearances
Planning to downsize and don’t know where to begin?
Do you walk by your garage and actually wish you could park your car in it?
We’re here to help!
Our goal is to provide the information, manpower, and compassion you need to move forward with confidence. Call Next Step Baltimore today and we’ll help you with the next step in your life!
Winner of 2017 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethics
Senior Move Managers
We’ll handle the details, from creating a floorplan right down to hanging your artwork, making your bed and having everything ready when you wake up in your new home.
Free yourself from the chaos! We will clean and organize your closets, drawers, kitchen, attic, garage, storage lockers and more. We will create a plan that works
We provide information so you can make informed decisions, then we’ll take care of the rest – including helping you figure out how your belongings can become part of your new home.
Moving and downsizing can seem overwhelming. But hiring the right team to help you do the work and following a time-line is the answer to a seamless and positive moving experience. The best idea? Call Next Step Baltimore 410-207-4475.
SIX WEEKS OUT:
- After considering all the estimates, pick a mover. Know the important questions to ask.
- Pick up supplies. Small boxes are most useful. Don’t forget fresh, clean newsprint (NOT newspaper), tape, bubble wrap, etc.
- Start shopping consignment items with consignment shops. You must send current photos. Responses are not immediate and it can often take a while to hear back from them. Also, most consignment shops take a 50% commission for selling your things. If needed, you will have the cost of transporting your things to the consignment shop. Keep these thoughts in mind when considering consigning. Sometimes it makes more economic sense to donate rather than consign.
- If a consignment shop does accept your things, arrange for a mover to take them there. Shops generally have their own mover, but it is not free. Compare prices.
- Take things to donation centers for receipts.
- Call Next Step Baltimore! We are pros and can get this done as quickly and efficiently.
FIVE WEEKS OUT:
- Notify the post office of your move. Also, notify other companies who will no longer be providing their services, such as your yard service, pool service, phone company, utilities, alarm company, etc. The US Postal Service has a Change of Address form at your local post office.
- Alert your insurance company of the exact date of your move and your new address for full insurance coverage on both ends of the move. Ask if they cover your things in transit.
- Talk to your electric, cable and other utilities and arrange dates to have them turned off at the old house and turned on at the new.
- Contact a crater to give an estimate to crate up your art.
- Get Help! Let Next Step Baltimore to take it from here! We can help with everything from selling unwanted items, having things shipped, creating a floorplan, to packing, unpacking and hanging the art work.
Continued next month…
Members in good standing.