It’s that time of year again—the time of year when we really put our guestrooms to good use. If you want to enjoy the holidays when they arrive, we recommend preparing the house for guests now. Here are some great tips for converting a hum-drum bedroom into a beautiful guestroom.
- Shower Essentials Basket—Don’t leave your guests awkwardly searching for the linen closet. Instead leave a nice basket in their room filled with clean towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, disposable razors, a new toothbrush, and toothpaste.
- Entertainment— Your guests’ eating and sleeping schedule may be different from yours. Leave some snacks in a basket for them in case they get the late-night munchies or wake up long before you plan to make breakfast. If they’re early risers they may find themselves bored in the morning, not wanting to wake you with the TV; add some magazines and puzzle books to the mix to keep them occupied.
- Keurig—If your guests stay up later or wake up earlier than you, they’ll appreciate being able to have a hot cup of coffee or tea without disturbing anyone.
- Beautiful Bed—Make the bed with “hospital corners.” This style of tucking the sheets looks professional and allows guests to slip under the covers easily. Add an arrangement of decorative and functional pillows for style. Be sure to provide both soft and firm pillows to suit your guests’ preference.
- Outlets—Leave at least two outlets free for guests’ cell phone chargers and other gadgets.